Child, Youth and Family Program Staff – Part Time – Central Labrador YMCA
Wage Range: $15.00 – $16.00/hr
Job Competition #: CLYMCA-ACCS-PT
The YMCA has been part of life in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1854. Our charity’s core programs of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services are offered at more than 20 locations in our communities with an additional 170 points of delivery throughout the province. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
Join Our Team
We are seeking Child, Youth and Family Program Staff to deliver recreational and instructional programs for children at our Central Labrador YMCA in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL. This physically demanding job may require you to set up, take down, and clean equipment, lead active programs, and engage a diverse group of people.
- High School diploma or equivalent; must be 18 years or older
- Experience working in recreation or equivalent experience providing care (asset)
- Current Emergency First Aid
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check
Benefits of Working with the YMCA
- Competitive compensation
- Free uniforms. No more deciding what to wear to work
- Enhance your health with a free health, fitness and aquatics membership (immediately family included) to the Central Labrador YMCA
- We cover fees for: Standard/Emergency First Aid, Criminal Record Checks and Vulnerable Sector Checks, and professional learning fees
- Keep your career dynamic through our professional development programs
- Work in an inclusive environment where caring, honesty, diversity, respect and responsibility are lived values
- Creates a respectful and inclusive environment
- Takes personal responsibility for following through, responding and resolving issues and complaints
- Demonstrates personal discipline to produce high quality work and meet expectations and goals
- Self-manages behaviours, learns from mistakes, and seeks out feedback and coaching
- Reliable and punctual to ensure our team creates a great member experience
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.