Aquatics Staff, Lifeguard/Instructor – Part Time – Central Labrador YMCA
Wage Range: $15.00-$18.00/hr
Job Competition #: CLYMCA-AQ-PT
The YMCA has been part of life in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1854. Our charity’s core programs of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services are offered at more than 20 locations in our communities with an additional 170 points of delivery throughout the province. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
Join Our Team
We are seeking part time Aquatics Staff to lifeguard and instruct aquatic programs for a variety of ages and abilities. Aquatics Staff are responsible to provide an overall safe and positive experience for swimmers. This position may be physically demanding at times, requiring you to be in and out of the water frequently. This position is located at the Central Labrador YMCA in Happy Valley-Goose Bay.
- High school diploma or equivalent (or in progress)
- Previous experience as a lifeguard and swim instructor
- Demonstrated safety conscious mindset
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Available to work flexible shifts, including evenings and weekends. Morning availability is an asset
- Current Swim Instructor Certificate an asset
- Current Standard First Aid
- Current National Lifeguard
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check
Benefits of Working with the YMCA
- Competitive compensation
- Free uniforms. No more deciding what to wear to work. Annual bathing suit allowance
- Enhance your health with a free YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics membership
- Keep your career dynamic through our professional development programs
- Work in an inclusive environment where caring, honesty, diversity, respect and responsibility are lived values
- Creates a respectful and inclusive environment
- Takes personal responsibility for following through, responding and resolving issues and complaints
- Demonstrates personal discipline to produce high quality work and meet expectations and goals
- Self-manages behaviours, learns from mistakes, and seeks out feedback and coaching
- Reliable and punctual to ensure our team creates a great member experience
The YMCA is on the 2023 Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers. Join the YMCA and become a part of a team you’ll love.
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.