Summer Day Camp Counsellor – Full Time, Contract – Central Labrador YMCA
Wage Range: $14.50/hr
Job Competition #: CLYMCA-DCC-CSJ
The YMCA has been part of life in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1854. Our charity’s core programs of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services are offered at more than 20 locations in our communities with an additional 170 points of delivery throughout the province. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
Join Our Team
The YMCA of Newfoundland & Labrador offers a summer day camp at our Central Labrador YMCA location in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. We are seeking full time staff (up to 35 hours per week) to join our day camp team.
- Experience working with children, recreation, ECE, education students
- Proficient in basic swimming strokes
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current Standard First Aid
- Available to work June 26-September 1 (excluding statutory holidays)
Benefits of Working with the YMCA
- Competitive compensation
- Free uniforms. No more deciding what to wear to work
- Enhance your health with a free YMCA membership (during contract)
- Keep your career dynamic through our professional development programs
- Work in an inclusive environment where caring, honesty, diversity, respect and responsibility are lived values
- Creates a respectful and inclusive environment
- Takes personal responsibility for following through, responding and resolving issues and complaints
- Demonstrates personal discipline to produce high quality work and meet expectations and goals
- Self-manages behaviours, learns from mistakes, and seeks out feedback and coaching
- Reliable and punctual to ensure our team creates a great member experience
The YMCA is on the 2023 Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers. Join the YMCA and become a part of a team you’ll love.
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.