Group Fitness Instructor – Part Time – Marystown YMCA
Wage Range: $17.50/hr
Job Competition #: MTY-GFI-PT
The YMCA has been part of life in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1854. Our charity’s core programs of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services are offered at more than 20 locations in our communities with an additional 170 points of delivery throughout the province. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
Join Our Team
We are seeking Group Fitness Instructors to deliver high quality, group fitness classes for a variety of ages and abilities. You will be responsible to provide an overall safe and positive experience for members. This position will be physically demanding, requiring you to lead classes in the pool or dryland. This position is located at the Marystown YMCA in Marystown. Registration fees will be waived upon registration of training courses. Individuals will be paid for training.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Current YMCA Fitness certification or industry equivalent
- Previous experience as a group fitness instructor
- Available to work flexible shifts, including early morning, evenings and weekends
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check
Benefits of Working with the YMCA
- Competitive compensation
- Free uniforms. No more deciding what to wear to work
- Enhance your health with a free YMCA membership
- Keep your career dynamic through our professional development programs
- Work in an inclusive environment where caring, honesty, diversity, respect and responsibility are lived values
- Demonstrates and responds to the needs of others with caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Uses good group facilitation techniques to ensure that others correctly understand and interpret messages
- Works to develop positive and influential relationships with members, peers and staff
- Meets and surpasses certification standards and practices
- Creates a positive and inclusive environment
- Is alert to changes in program delivery and the training environment and plans for anticipated changes
- Reliable and punctual to ensure our team creates a great member experience
The YMCA is on the 2023 Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers. Join the YMCA and become a part of a team you’ll love.
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.