Personal Trainer – Casual – Marystown YMCA
Wage Range: $17.00/hr
Job Competition #: MTYMCA-CAS-PT
The YMCA has been part of life in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1854. Our charity’s core programs of Health, Fitness, and Aquatics; Child Care and Day Camp; and Employment, Enterprise, and Newcomer Services are offered at more than 20 locations in our communities with an additional 170 points of delivery throughout the province. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
Join Our Team
We are seeking a Personal Trainer to help members reach their health and fitness goals through one-on-one training and coaching at our Marystown YMCA in Marystown. This is a contractual position and work hours are scheduled when sessions are booked by YMCA members.
- Post-secondary education in Kinesiology or Physical Education
- Current fitness certifications including but not limited to YMCA Personal Training or industry equivalent
- Excellent customer service, relationship building, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience training groups and/or individuals in the fitness industry with varying fitness levels and abilities
- Ability to teach multiple times a week and have a flexible schedule
- Current Standard First Aid
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Benefits of Working with the YMCA
- Competitive compensation
- Free uniforms. No more deciding what to wear to work
- Enhance your health with a free health, fitness and aquatics membership (immediate family included) to the Ches Penney Family YMCA
- Keep your career dynamic through our professional development programs
- Work in an inclusive environment where caring, honesty, diversity, respect and responsibility are lived values
- Creates a respectful and inclusive environment
- Takes personal responsibility for following through, responding and resolving issues and complaints
- Demonstrates personal discipline to produce high quality work and meet expectations and goals
- Self-manage behaviours, learns from mistakes, and seeks out feedback and coaching
- Reliable and punctual to ensure our team creates a great member experience
The YMCA is on the 2023 Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers. Join the YMCA and become a part of a team you’ll love.
The YMCA of Newfoundland and Labrador is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.